We think it’s important for you to understand how we make money. It’s pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That’s why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don’t represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
|Variety of incentive programs||Must work with a dealer for financing|
|Online and automated payment options||Hard credit inquiry when you apply|
|Ability to choose your vehicle and its features online||Can only be used for VWs (new or used)|
What you need to know about VW Credit
VW Credit offers a variety of auto loans and leases if you’re in the market for a new or pre-owned Volkswagen. While auto loan terms are from 12 to 72 months, lease terms range from 24 to 48 months if you qualify.
Various incentive programs
To help you save money on financing, VW Credit has created a number of incentive programs. Here’s a closer look.
- College graduate program: If you’re a qualified college graduate, you can receive a $500 contract bonus if you buy or lease a new VW vehicle.
- First-time buyer program: The first-time buyer program may be able to help you purchase a new or certified pre-owned Volkswagen if you’ve never bought a vehicle before.
- Loyalty program: If you lease more than once from VW Credit, the lender will waive your disposition fee on your current lease and the security deposit on your next lease.
- Corporate program: The corporate program can provide you with lease options, retail financing and more if you visit a VW dealership to see if you’re eligible.
- Foreign business professionals program: If you’re a business professional from another country, VW Credit can help you lease or finance a vehicle during your time in the states.
Online and other payment options
If you use VW Credit for your lease or purchase, you can pay through a variety of methods. VW Credit accepts online bill payments, automatic payments, phone payments and mail payments. You can also pay via Western Union Quick Collect and MoneyGram Express Payment.
Financing requires a visit to a VW dealer
VW requires that you complete the financing process in person at a local dealer. This may be a drawback if you’re busy or prefer to buy your vehicle from a private party.
A closer look at VW Credit
VW Credit has been providing loans and leases to Volkswagen drivers for more than 30 years. It’s part of the VW Group and the only lender that’s endorsed by Volkswagen of America Inc. Here are some more things you should know about VW Credit.
- You can use the VW Credit site to view Volkswagen models and search the inventories of dealers near you.
- If you choose a certified pre-owned vehicle, you’ll get VW’s Model-Specific Limited Warranty, 24-hour roadside assistance for two years, a CARFAX vehicle history report, 100-plus point inspection by the dealer, and a three-month trial of Sirius XM on eligible vehicles.
- For help with your VW Credit account, call customer service at 1-800-428-4034 any time Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 10. p.m. EST. You can also create an account on the site and reach out by email.
Is a VW Credit loan a good fit for you?
If you’d like to buy or lease a Volkswagen and try to qualify for an incentive program, VW Credit could be a good option for you. It may also make sense if you like the flexibility of having various ways to make payments and don’t mind going to a dealer to complete the loan process.
How to apply for a VW Credit loan
Once you’ve found the vehicle you’d like to loan or lease through VW Credit, follow these steps.
1. Click the “Apply for Financing” button on the top of the VW Credit page.
2. Select the vehicle you’re interested in.
3. Enter your financing information, including whether you want a loan or lease, whether you’re applying on your own or with a co-signer, the length of the loan or lease you’d like, your down payment amount, and if you have a trade-in.
4. Enter your personal information, including your name, phone number, address and Social Security number.
5. Provide details about your expenses and living situation.
6. Provide income information, like occupation and gross monthly income.
7. Select a dealer near you.
8. Review your information. If you accept the terms and conditions, submit the application.
According to a VW Credit rep, after you’ve completed the online application process — which will trigger a hard credit inquiry — you’ll receive an email from the company letting you know if you’re approved. A representative at a local Volkswagen dealership may contact you as well. If you’re approved, you’ll need to visit the dealer you selected to finalize your loan or lease, and get your vehicle.
Not sure if VW Credit is right for you? Consider these alternatives.
- Capital One auto loan: Capital One may be a good option if you want to apply for prequalification to get an idea of what you might qualify for.
- New Roads auto loan: If you have bad credit or have gone through bankruptcy, a New Roads auto loan might be right for you.